[tex-live] TeXlive for Debian - version 2004.05.10.13-1 online

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Oct 15 18:45:59 CEST 2005

Dear friends!

Close to a month has passed since the last version of TeX live for
Debian occured on the tug server. Here is a new incarnation!

Current Version: 2004.05.10.13-1

As usual, see
 	http://www.tug.org/texlive/debian.html
and get it at
 	deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ pool/
 	deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ pool/

Changes are mostly under the hood, nothing fancy. I tweaked the postrm
scripts to behave in a more standard way, ie not calling everything
twice (on remove and on purge), same with postinst.
I checked the fmt generation stuff to work even if someone only installs
texlive-pdfetex without -latex. Expanded the infrastructure to check
for double included tpm packages (and break out if there are). Included
some patches and links for man pages. Included some lintian override
files.

I have install-remove-install-purge tested some combinations of packages
(all are not possible), and will continue doing this.

Furthermore, I will start trying to install over a tetex3 and see what
happens. Also the other way round.

As usual, the log files of the creation process are in
 	http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/log/
The file lintian.log shows that the errors/warnings are getting less.
The two errors now present are rubbish, lintian is stupid on this. I
have to file a bug report on this.

Other thing:
cm-super
	is in Debian/sid
texinfo
	is in Debian/sid

Concerning font packages: also this version includes the lm fonts, but
as soon as teTeX3 and the new lm fonts hit Debian, I will exclude the
tpm package and Depend on the Debian package (as it happens already with
cm-super). On similar line, I am in discussion with maintainers of other
TeX packages to get them compatible not only with teTeX3, but also
TeX live, allowing a better reuse of them.

Please give the packages a test if you are running sid.

Complete ChangeLog entry for this version:

version 2004.05.10.13-1 Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:44:33 +0200

13.10.2005 NP
  * Include the list of all licenses of all packages into the package
  * Rebuild packages from current depot including perforce change #8432
  * move the format generation of etex and pdfetex from -basic to -pdfetex
  * Install lintian overrides for zero-byte-file-in-doc-directory,
    extra-license-file, and script-not-executable.
  * add support for dh_link and create links for some man pages

11.10.2005 NP
  * Make blacklists collection specific.
  * Implement consistency checks:
    - packages which are included in two collections
    - packages which are not included at all (missing for bin-* packages)
  * Include antt and iwona only in texlive-fontsextra and not in
    texlive-langpolish.

06.10.2005 NP
  * change cm-super from Suggest to Depend, as it is now in Debian/sid

04.10.2005 NP
  * remove last traces of texlive-trees and replace it by Master
  * Fix postrm scripts to take actions only on remove action, not
    on purge

29.09.2005 NP
  * Move to svn://svn.debian.org/pkg-texlive/texlive/trunk/
  * split tpm2deb from Master, include the Tools perl modules in orig.tar.gz

27.09.2005 NP
  * Add mktexlsr patch to generate ls-R via a /tmp file and cat into
    the original one. This way permissions can be set for the ls-R
files.
    Taken from tetex-bin.

26.09.2005 NP
  * Changed cmd test to which from test -e, so that no actual paths
    are used in the control scripts (Debian Policy)

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining at at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018