[tex-live] metapost oddness

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Mon Nov 14 10:06:31 CET 2005

> patch.  Until then you can ignore the message.
>
> It simply means that the mpx file doesn't exist and has to be
> created.  The background is this:
>
> John Hobby's version of newer accepted only two arguments.  To make
> this program more useful I wrote one which can have more than two
> arguments, so that you can write:
>
>  if newer *.tex abc.dvi; then
>    tex abc.tex
>  fi
>
> I also added a --verbose option to report missing files.  Olaf found
> this useful and made it the default.  Though a missing input file is
> an error and should be reported, a missing output file should not
> produce a message unless requested.  Will be fixed.
>
> Regards,
>  Reinhard

Just for completeness, is it an error or just bad reporting, because the
output in the first run seems to be ok.

Otherwise we might need to tell people that from now on you will have to
to an initial to times run for each new metapost file one compiles.

/daleif

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
  -- Abraham Lincoln