[tex-live] TeX Live 2004 distribution

Anita Z. Schwartz anita at udel.edu
Wed Mar 30 20:56:39 CEST 2005

We have come across a problem with the most recent distribution of TeX
Live on Solaris.  It appears that the utility programs such as texinfo,
etc. have been compiled without the -R option or I am guessing in
previous distribution this was statically bound rather than dynamic. As
a result it won't work just installed as is.  Minimally you need to set
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the specific version of the library for gcc and
you can't even point to a newer version if you have that installed
rather than the older version it appears to require.  Can someone please
provide specific documentation on how it is intended to work?  I know
that we can probably work around this by making symbolic links and/or
having users set their LD_LIBRARY_PATH if they have and know the correct
version.

Thanks.

Anita Z. Schwartz             University of Delaware
IT / User Services            036 Smith Hall

anita at udel.edu                (302) 831-1979