[tex-live] osfontdir

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Mon Mar 28 17:22:57 CEST 2005

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 04:55:06PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> >  $ kpsewhich --format='opentype fonts' LMSansQuotation8-Regular.otf
> in generic scripts it's painful to take care of platform specific quoting,

Hm... There are plenty of formats only available like this:

  bitmap font
  TeX system documentation
  TeX system sources
  Troff fonts
  dvips config
  type42 fonts
  web2c files
  other text files
  other binary files
  misc fonts
  opentype fonts
  pdftex config

Some of those are quite unimportant for scripts, but "web2c files"
and "other text files" are relevant to many scripts. So, the current
implementation of lots of scripts has already to take care of correct
and portable quoting.

What I want to say is: if you want to get rid of this problem, you can't
just change the "opentype fonts" format. A more general approach has to
be taken.

Thomas