[tex-live] texlive 2005

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Mon Mar 14 21:48:05 CET 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Karl Berry wrote:

>     There are mingw compile patches by Siep Kroonenberg.
>        http://tex.aanhet.net/mingtex/
>
> I see Siep is on the list.  Siep, do you have any plans to continue to
> work on this?
>
> It looks quite nice, but without any installer or previewer, and being
> based on teTeX 2.0.2, it'll take some doing to be useful to distribute
> in this brave new year.

As I see, the main problem is to have new binaries for Windows (from
so unix oriented web2c sources).
The installer can be made by some new people (Pawel Jackowski, Bob
Margolis, perhaps Klaus Hoeppner).
Anyway, after my investigation, people still wait and need TL (web2c
compatible) also for Windows.

Kind regards,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz