[tex-live] Re: bad PS names in cbgreek Type 1 fonts

Barbara Beeton bnb at ams.org
Wed Jun 29 22:50:08 CEST 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:

    On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

    >  . grmn1000.pfb has Greek glyph names, but many of them don't follow
    >    the Adobe Glyph List (AGL).  For example, the lambda glyph is
    >    incorrectly called `lamda' (a typo?), or `sigmafinal' has the
    >    wrong name `finalsigma'.

    There are (at least) two problems: first I do not really know where to
    get this AGL, and second there are glyphs included in the CB fonts that
    haven't found their way into Unicode (or at least that is what I
    remember). For instance, such a glyph is the PiDelta glyph. Now,
    since I do not intend to regenerate 850 Type 1 fonts, I am sure it
    better to have a subset just like the CM font bundle. Provided I have
    solutions to the two problems mentioned above, I will regenerate these
    fonts in virtually no time.

the adobe glyph naming conventions are spelled out
in the document at

   http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/opentype/index_glyph.html

there are a couple of links from that file to others
that are also useful in this connection.
							-- bb