[tex-live] Re: bad PS names in cbgreek Type 1 fonts

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Wed Jun 29 18:09:04 CEST 2005

> > . grmn1000.pfb has Greek glyph names, but many of them don't
> >   follow the Adobe Glyph List (AGL).  For example, the lambda
> >   glyph is incorrectly called `lamda' (a typo?), or `sigmafinal'
> >   has the wrong name `finalsigma'.
>
> There are (at least) two problems: first I do not really know where to
> get this AGL,

  See http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/typeforum/unicodegn.html

and search for `glyphlist.txt'.

In the TeXLive data trees you can find it three times:

  texmf-dist/doc/generic/t2/glyphlist.txt
  texmf/dvipdfm/CMap/glyphlist.txt
  texmf/lcdftools/glyphlist.txt

>From those, the most useful list is probably the version in
texmf/lcdftools since it has some extension at the end especially for
TeX glyphs.

The version of glyphlist.txt texmf-dist/doc/generic/t2/ is old
and should probably be updated.

> and second there are glyphs included in the CB fonts that haven't
> found their way into Unicode (or at least that is what I remember).
> For instance, such a glyph is the PiDelta glyph.

Please read the above URL carefully how glyphs not (yet) in Unicode
and glyph variants should be named.

> Now, since I do not intend to regenerate 850 Type 1 fonts, I am sure
> it better to have a subset just like the CM font bundle.  Provided I
> have solutions to the two problems mentioned above, I will
> regenerate these fonts in virtually no time.

See my other mail w.r.t the reduction of cbgreek Type 1 fonts in
TeXLive.

    Werner