[tex-live] Re: Debian TeX live packages are ready for testing

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Wed Jul 20 20:52:41 CEST 2005

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> Hi Arne!
>
> With the new packages just in upload process this should not happen
> anymore, but I have some specific comments:

>> > Which fonts, can I see a testrun, thanks.
>>
>> Minimal document attached as test3.tex.
>
> Do you have lmodern or texlive-fontsrecommended installed? In my chroot
> cage with fontsrecommended installed, it does work without any problems.
> Maybe your lmodern.sty is coming from the lmodern debian package. I have
> to add some conflict or something like this.

If you install the same files in the same place, you need a conflict,
anyway, or dpkg will bark at you.  Otherwise, I think it should be
possible - and we should really try to actually make it possible with
the packages - to use lmodern.sty from the lmodern package with
texlive.  I guess lmodern will often be more recent, which is important
for a font in development.  As for "same place", lmodern can be the
first to use TEXMFSITE (which does not yet exist).

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich