[tex-live] Help sought: debian/texlive configuration/interaction with tex-common

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Jul 15 23:01:07 CEST 2005

Dear Friends!

I need some help. I know that all of the tetex-debian maintainers are
already working like hell, but I still hope that I can get some
feedback.

I have now most stuff fixed, can install all the packages, what I am
attacking now is the postinst stuff.

Since we are starting from a plain new start, we don't need any transfer
stuff.

Now the questions:

* What are the essential things we have to do, and how?

- texmf.cnf
	ATM we don't have any additional configuration files for
	/etc/texmf/texmf.cnf.d, so, is it enough to just link
	/etc/texmf/texmf.cnf to /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf?
	Do we have to call some ucf magic etc???

- updmap.cfg
	I believe that we don't have to do anything here for the
	texlive-basic package, as updmap.cfg is already (from
	tex-common) in /var/lib/texmf/web2c, which is TEXMFSYSCFG or
	so.
	Other packages containing map files install an entry into
	/etc/texmf/updmap.d/ already and call
		update-updmap --quiet
	Is there more to do?

- language.dat, fmtutil.cfg
	Until now I haven't though about them, sorry. Ideas?

I would be very grateful if the masters of debianization could give me
some hints, thanks a lot!

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining at at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
POLLOCH (n.)
One of those tiny ribbed-plastic and aluminium foil tubs of milk
served on trains enabling you to carry one safely back to you
compartment where your legs in comfort trying to get the bloody things
open.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff