[tex-live] cm fonts are a bit messed up

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jul 13 17:11:07 CEST 2005

Hi Karl, hi all!

I am back from several conferences and have built in a new hard disk
into my laptop were I am working on, so now I can do some things again.

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Karl Berry wrote:
>     After the reshuffling it seems that some fonts are a bit messed up:
>
>     pdflatex cannot find som efonts:
>     Warning: pdflatex (file sfrm0800.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for
>
> I don't believe this is related to the ams/etc. reshuffling, but rather
> to my removing all of cm-super except the 10pt sizes.  I did this so
> that the inst version could even come close to fitting on a CD.
>
> Vladimir told me that with \usepackage{type1ec}, the 10pt fonts should
> get scaled for all sizes and it should work out.  If you want the full
> set of fonts, you'll have to get them from CTAN (or use Latin Modern,
> maybe?).  Sorry.
>
> I seem to remember removing all the non-10pt map file entries, but I see
> that cm-super-*.map still have everything.  I'll look into that.

Ok, I have done the following:

\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{type1ec}
\begin{document}
\texttt{preining at logic.at}
\end{document}

and then pdflatex bla.tex and I get:

 ) </usr/TeX/texmf-var/fonts/pk/ljfour/jknappen/ec/ecrm1095.600pk
> </usr/TeX/texmf-var/fonts/pk/ljfour/jknappen/ec/ectt1095.600pk>

So the same problem is still going on, but a bit different.
I guess there should be some pfb fonts for this, or not?

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining at at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
TYNE and WEAR (nouns)
The 'Tyne' is the small priceless or vital object accidentally dropped
on the floor (e.g. diamond tie clip, contact lens) and the 'wear' is
the large immovable object (e.g. Welsh dresser, car-crusher) that it
shelters under.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff