[tex-live] KPSE_CONFIG_FILES vs. AC_OUTPUT

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jul 7 20:56:17 CEST 2005

I don't know if it's intentional, but with the new autoconf support in
web2c, it seems the (really) old form
  AC_OUTPUT(Makefile.in)
no longer works; no Makefile gets generated.

There were about a dozen packages which used that, whose Makefiles and
configures were written by Thomas or Sebastian.  I adjusted them to all
to use the new KPSE_CONFIG_FILES instead.  Also to use kpse_include in
the Makefiles instead of ac_include.

The result seems to once again build everything, hopefully there are no
other problems lurking there.

The next problem is that we're out of all 262,000 words of pattern space
after enabling all the languages ... will work on that later today.
Sigh, it just never ends ...

karl