[tex-live] deadline

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Fri Jul 1 10:24:16 CEST 2005

Werner LEMBERG <wl at gnu.org> writes:

> Due to the many problems I've found recently within TeXLive (and
> fontforge), and which have to be fixed first, I have a delay of about
> a week w.r.t. the planned deadline of the end of June.
>
> So I ask for some more days to check in a new version of my CJK
> package together with updated CJK and Thai fonts (which will be
> smaller, and most of them will contain AGL compliant glyph names)
>
> Is this OK?  I'll start after the weekend.

I'd ask for a week for the purpose of preview-latex/AUCTeX/preview.sty
as well: we are currently in the process of getting the latest AUCTeX,
11.80, out.  It comes with preview-latex included, so there will not
be a separate preview-latex package anymore.  In preview.sty there
have been a number of fixes of various importance, and AUCTeX has
improved quite a bit (and there have been changes in supporting new
features of the beamer class and several other things that would make
it a better match with the current TeXlive release).

It also features some installation modes that make it a better
candidate for inclusion in precompiled/prepackaged Emacs variants, and
it is pretty much what Fabrice uses in XEmTeX, in the current CVS
version.

The AUCTeX release is more or less planned for this weekend.  The
release has received quite a bit of testing in its core code, but
since it is a major new release, it is not unlikely that within a week
or two trailing, there might be one or two bug fix releases which,
however, should not affect any build scripts and should be just
drop-in replacements for 11.80.

Missing pieces currently are mostly RPM spec files which should hardly
be relevant for TeXlive, so the current CVS should be fine for
checking out what changes are needed compared to 11.55.