[tex-live] dvipng 1.6 build, libraries

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jul 1 02:31:29 CEST 2005

I popped in Thomas's configure.in and Makefile.in and did a simple
update for the new version of dvipng (1.6) and now it builds for me.  I
am not sure if all the libraries are getting linked in properly, seemed
like freetype2 wasn't there, but whatever.  Unfortunately I saw no
feasible way to integrate our build requirements with the standard
configure.ac distributed with dvipng :(.

Speaking of the libraries, is there a feeling about the need to update
our copies of them, like gd, png, freetype, freetype2, type1, etc.?  I
have not even checked to see which of them are out of date, but I'm sure
it will be a time-consuming process to update them.  I've already been
spending every available minute updating the programs ...

karl