[tex-live] Re: Debian-TeXlive Proposal II

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Jan 29 19:45:07 CET 2005

Moving files from texmf-dist to a straight texmf could be done in the Debian
build process, so its not that big a deal. The main argument against it
is that after going through all the work of arguing about it, agreeing to do
with teTeX too, it would be retrograde of Debian to undo it all again.

Although we don't want the TeX tail to wag the Debian dog,
we don't want the Debian tail wagging the TeX dog either.
I strongly support leaving well alone in the TL setup.

--
Sebastian Rahtz

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk