[tex-live] Re: Debian-TeXlive Proposal II

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Jan 26 10:42:02 CET 2005

Frank Küster wrote:

>packages.

I feel the opposite. For 10 years now I have been complaining that
TeX is bloated, and that it should be cut down to a minimum. On my systems
I wanted pdfetex, context, some font metrics, and thats it.
No mf, no dvips, no xdvi, no PK fonts, no nonsense.
I don't want a vast great thing  with everything in the suitcase,
because thats
just copying teTeX. Yes, I do care about megabytes here and there
because I want
a minimal TeX on my Knoppix remaster to process XML with.

This, to me, is the point of the exercise...

Sebastian