[tex-live] Distributing Customised TeX Live

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jan 4 16:12:12 CET 2005

Hi Gavin,

    good enough just to use scp, unison, rsync etc into progra~1/ or will the

I suspect this would be ok.  It's definitely ok on Unix.  Maybe some of
the Windows folks here can say more.

I think some environment variables have to be set in autoexec.bat (or
whatever) -- PATH and TEXMFTEMP, at least.  I don't think any registry
entries are needed?

    Is there a document somewhere detailing the best way to do this?

Not that I've seen (I'd love to have one).  The TL install doc talks
somewhat about a central installation on Unix.  I can't write anything
about Windows mechanisms, though, lacking first-hand experience ...

It's not about distribution, but I'll mention that Fabrice did write
something about installing the TL'04 binaries on Windows:
http://tug.org/texlive/windows.html

Cheers,
karl