[tex-live] amsfonts again

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Tue Feb 15 19:51:51 CET 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> >I'd tend to merge all amsfonts stuff into one, consistent package
> >
> don't they have different ownership? thats an important criteria
> for keeping them apart

All that stuff is copyrighted and blessed by AMS, even type1 fonts

> >What can we do? I still think that "classical" amsfonts stuff (still not
> >only used by amslatex!, please consider also ConTeXt and I have many
> >examples of topology articles using still old amstex) should be merged
> >into *one* package
> >
> if you do this (and I welcome it), you also need to get CTAN
> looking the same

CTAN already seems more clear than TL ;-) All amsfonts are gathered
in fonts/amsfonts, so the current TL state, e.g.,
fonts/type1/bluesky/euler
seems now obsolete. They should go to fonts/type1/ams/euler etc. as AMS
is currently the owner

> >Perhaps we can merge all files in just ams/ in
> >fonts/[afm|source|tfm|type1]. P
> >
> as I say, so long as the licensing etc allows it, fine

The situation was cleared by AMS in 2002.
Now I have to start my cleaning from cmextra which was pretty merged with
extracm from AMS... So the only problem I see is to rename AMS cyrillic
into, say, wncy for packaging and tpm reasons.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl