[tex-live] documentation for "geometry"

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Dec 20 22:05:14 CET 2005

  > On 2005-12-19 17:51:15 -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
  >> So then the question is why texdoc geometry works in teTeX.
  >> Unless Thomas renamed geometry/manual.pdf.  Can someone check
  >> into that?

  > tetex has a geometry.pdf

On CTAN, there is a file geometry.dtx which produces two drivers,
geometry.drv and manual.drv.

The difference between the drivers is that manual.drv doesn't compile
the source code section.

There is also a file manual.pdf on CTAN (convenient for people
exploring CTAN with web browsers) which is used in TeXLive.

Thomas obviously compiled geometry.drv himself and I suppose that he
has \OnlyDescription in ltxdoc.cfg to suppress the source code.

So we have two files derived from the same source with different names
and different time stamps though nobody renamed a file...

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25