[tex-live] Re: XyMTeX in TeX live

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Dec 2 23:41:40 CET 2005

  > I'm very sorry to hear that my inquiry resulted in the removal of
  > XyMTeX from TeXLive. :-( It is a really useful tool.

  > Let's hope that when Dr. Shinsaku considers XyMTeX more polished,
  > he'll reconsider the license.

Don't be so pessimistic.  Obviously he is not satisfied with the
current version and I have the impression that he is still working on
it and will change the license when he thinks the software is good
enough.

Isn't it nice to hear that his major concern is the quality of his
software?

And there is plenty of time until TeXLive-2006 will be released.

It is good that you asked Karl to clear the copyright.  I don't think
that Dr. Shinsaku will be more motivated when he sees that his
copyright is ignored.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25