[tex-live] Standardize p4 DATETIME for all binary builds in TL2005?

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Aug 22 22:58:56 CEST 2005

I would like to propose to guarantee standardization all of all binary
builds of TL2005. Personally, I use the @2005/08/21:17:00:00 type of
addition with p4 sync to make sure I get a reproducable set of sources.

Hence, at the time Karl asks us to make a new build, he could tell us
exactly which datetime string to use when syncing with
source.development.

The advantage of a scheme lik ethis is that when you want to debug
different behaviours on differen systems later you are certain of one
thing: the exact source code used.

PS. The only thing I do not know is if p4 uses local time or repository
time or GMT or whatever, but that can be easily found out.