[tex-live] Re: Packaging SourceFiles for TeX live/Debian

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Aug 2 17:49:07 CEST 2005

Hi Frank!

On Die, 02 Aug 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
> > I don't want any split at all. But there are some requirements, at least
> > in the documentation I have read. Maybe, as the saying goes in german,
> > `it is less hot eaten then cooked', these things are not important, but
> > a priori I don't know.
>
> If you tell a possible sponsor (the DD that does the upload): "We have
> discussed these lintian errors/warnings on the upstream mailing list,
> and decided that I will not fix them without discussing the changes
> needed with the 'real' upstream authors." I don't think anybody will
> refuse to upload based on these lintian errors.

Ok, thanks for the info. This wasn't clear to me.

> > I have to submit it up-upstream as I would say.
> >
> > BUt to calm everybody down: Here are the two patches I have, up to now,
> > used as dpatches. SO everybody can see what I am talking about, and
> > maybe that we are ATM loosing much more time over trivialities then
> > necessary:
> > texmf-dist/fonts/source/public/wsuipa/compilefonts
> > 	Comment the part that describes the shell script. THis is
> > 	a shell script with a long description at the end. I have
> > 	only put comment signs in front of the description
>
> The script doesn't need the comment signs, because it has a "exit 0"
> statement before that?  In this case I'd say lintian is wrong, and I'd

No exit 0 statement:
    done
done

The 300pk fonts in this directory should be sufficient for use with most

> I was thinking more of a list sorted by directories on CTAN or the
> like.  So that when I'm going to write the author of wordcount.tex, I can

Ok, this could be done without any problems. As soon as there are more
occurences than 2-3, I will do this.

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining at at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018