[tex-live] Typesetting short passages in Greek

Giuseppe Castellacci gzip at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 00:51:11 CEST 2005

Thanks for your assistance,
I actually managed to solve my problem in a wholly different way.
In truth, my ultimate goal was to typeset a document in LaTeX that
used Times New Roman fonts with very few short passages in Ancient
Greek. I was able to accomplish this thanks to the insertion of a few
directives (copied below, in case someone else is interested)
in the preamble as suggested by Apostolos Syropoulos

Giuseppe
\documentclass[twoside,twocolumn]{book}
% ...
\usepackage[greek,american]{babel}
\usepackage{times}
\def\textgreek#1{{\fontencoding{LGR}\fontfamily{cmr}\selectfont
\def\encodingdefault{LGR}#1}}
% ...