[tex-live] sparc solaris binaries etc.
polyama at myrealbox.com
Sun Sep 19 19:52:04 CEST 2004
Installed on sparc solaris 2.7 texlive from Master tree rsync'ed 2004-09-18
I assume it is the same as installing from texlive-live CD.
1. Installation worked, although produced lot of messages
/opt/gnu/bin/tar: texmf/xdvi/xdvi.cfg: Could not create file: Permission denied
(script attemts to copy many of the files several times)
2. install-pkg-live.sh does not work:
ERROR: ./install-pkg-live.sh: /nobackup/texlive/Master/texmf-dist/tpm/lists
Also, it uses grep -v, this option is not supported at least by grep from solaris 2.7
3. psnfss.tpm does not contain *.sty files
4. pdflatex (sparc solaris platform) produces pdf with errors in
embedding fonts. Here is Acrobat Reader's error message: "Unable to
extract the embedded font 'ZWWGZN+CMSS10'. Some characters may not
display or print correctly."
pdflatex on windows platform (same texmf tree) -- no such problem.
test \small\sf test
5. It looks like Master/source/source.tar.bz2 is outdated
More information about the tex-live