[tex-live] p4-visible web directory contains absolute symlinks

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Thu Sep 16 10:03:26 CEST 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Olaf Weber wrote:

> The new(?) web directory visible to p4 has symbolic links to absolute
> pathnames in it.  There are two problems here.  First of all they're
> absolute, so will dangle on almost every client.  Second, I believe
> they dangle on the main server as well (they go to texmf/doc/pdftex,
> and should be going to texmf-doc/doc/pdftex).

That's my fault discussing it only with Karl, Martin and Sebastian.
I wrote:

> On the other hand, my current ..../web/pdftex/ contains some broken soft
> links to the absolute path /home/tlprod/Master/texmf/doc/pdftex/ etc.
> Can you make it relative ->../../Master/texmf/doc/pdftex. From my part I
> can move texmf-doc/doc/english/pdftex/ to the proper location
> texmf/doc/pdftex, as I wrote before, OK?

For the TL CD/DVD production purpose I think that:
1. pdftex documentation should be in Master/texmf/doc/pdftex/
   -- not texmf-doc/, OK?
   (updated by hand, as usual, from source.development ;-)
2. .../web/pdftex/ can contain relative links, which (I hope) could
   work for browsers.
The current state is unusable.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz