[tex-live] Cannot make lcdf-typetools when making as nonroot

Olaf Weber olaf at infovore.xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 15 17:51:52 CEST 2004

Thomas Esser writes:

>> when compiling as a normal user under Linux (Debian 3.1, if
>> it's relevant), make fails on lcdf-typetools with a 'Permission
>> denied' error while trying to overwrite aclocal.m4.

> I'll soon update the lcdf-typetools. I never compile as root, so this
> should be fixed after my update.

> Did you have you p4 settings right (option modtime *is* important)?
> My options are: noallwrite noclobber compress unlocked modtime rmdir

My experience is that you can get modtime issues regardless (esp. if
the tree was freshly checked out).  If autoconf or automake is called
during the build, timestamps are off.  You should just touch
'configure', 'Makefile.am', 'Makefile.in' (if present), then rerun
configure and make.

--
Olaf Weber