[tex-live] updmap.cfg (and fmtutil.cnf)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Sep 14 22:27:48 CEST 2004

    including the creation of a texmf.cnf and a
    > fmtutil.cnf). 'Make install' tries to run updmap and thus 'make
    > install' needs a updmap.cfg

What I don't understand is what has changed.  Has updmap.cfg been
removed?  Or is the running of updmap at make install the thing that's
new?  Or?  Thomas?

Anyway, Gerben, can you work around this for now to get on with making
the new binaries?  Like, just comment out calling updmap.  I can't see
that it does much good to call updmap in a "completely clean" hierarchy
anyway, since there won't be any fonts.