[tex-live] bug suggestion/report

Harald Harders h.harders at tu-bs.de
Tue Sep 14 16:01:27 CEST 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Olaf Weber wrote:

> Andreas Hoppe writes:
>
> > Ich habe versucht TeXlive - test-texlive2004-inst-20040913 - auf
> > Solaris 2.7 zu installieren und bemerkt, dass sowohl readlink als auch
> > access im bin-Verzeichnis fehlen.
> > Ein Kollege sagte, dass es unter Linux ebenso wäre.
>
> access was renamed to kpseaccess
> readlink was renamed to kpsereadlink
>
> This because the names collided with "standard" binaries on some
> systems.

The installation on Solaris did not succeed. Here is a part of the error
message:

Updating filename database with mktexlsr...
/soft/texlive/bin/sparc-solaris2.7/mktexlsr: readlink: not found
/soft/texlive/bin/sparc-solaris2.7/mktexlsr: readlink: not found
/soft/texlive/bin/sparc-solaris2.7/mktexlsr: access: not found

Seems that mktexlsr still searches for readlink and access instead of
kpsereadlink and kpseaccess. And, Andreas told me that on his computer,
even kpsereadlink and kpseaccess are missing.

Yours
Harald

--
Harald Harders                           Langer Kamp 8
Technische Universität Braunschweig      D-38106 Braunschweig