[tex-live] eTeX 2.2 + other updates

Olaf Weber olaf at infovore.xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 7 20:04:22 CEST 2004

The etexdir subtree is updated to Peter Breitenlohner's latest
source.  Barring calamity this _is_ eTeX 2.2.

Following his lead, I've made an update to etc/autoconf/acspecific.m4:

        * etc/autoconf/acspecific.m4: Fix an ancient autoconf-2.13 bug
        (INSTALL_SCRIPT should default to INSTALL instead of
        INSTALL_PROGRAM, in case INSTALL_PROGRAM is defined as
        '${INSTALL} -s' from the command line or via "install-strip").

So configure scripts need to be regenerated (unless we decide we can
live with this as we have for quite some time).  The configure scripts
for texk, texk/kpathsea, and texk/web2c have been regenerated already.

Other source differences between the web2c master and TeX-live were
also fixed, though with some exceptions: certain windows-related files
were left alone (as I think this can be sorted out later) and
non-essential differences in depend.mk files are tolerated.

--
Olaf Weber