[tex-live] Bug in updmap?!

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Oct 29 13:42:44 CEST 2004

    Therefore, i think that the BEST solution to this problem is
    for you to REPLACE syntax "--enable Map=foo.map" in your ported updmap

AFAIK, this would mean completely rewriting argument parsing, because
getopt could not be used.  Fabrice has already said he's not going to do
that.  (Doesn't sound like a good idea to me, either.)

    unix's updmap is not going to add support for "--enable Map=foo.map".

I don't see the problem with supporting --enable maptype=mapfile in Unix.
That can be supported alongside --enable maptype mapfile, it's easily
distinguishable.

Gerben, the existing syntax will continue to be supported either way.
So I don't see how this would affect you?