[tex-live] TL2004: adding a map to pdftex only

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Tue Oct 19 15:33:06 CEST 2004

> My guess would be that updmap needs to have some way to know that certain
> map files are only to be used for certain engines.

Adding things that say: these map modules only for application a, these
others only for application b is against the 'keep it simple' design of
updmap. That's something that the application should provide, i.e. dvips's
  p +foo.map
in config.ps.

All applications used to have such a feature: dvips, xdvik, dvipdfm,
pdftex. Did we really loose pdftex here? Is this intentional? Martin?

Thomas