[tex-live] TEXINPUTS problem

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Oct 16 15:42:39 CEST 2004

    I didn't hear about the XeTeX before, and found it's website via
    google, and read the follwing license statement at

As David says, the license is technically ok.

However, I'd like to ask anyone who cares to write to Jonathan and
encourage him to release xetex under some free license, such as the GPL,
so the user groups can distribute it on TL wherever.  As it stands, we
cannot even include it on the DVD, where we put other
useful-but-non-DFSG-free stuff (such as Utopia), since we are doing that
for "commercial gain".