[tex-live] What is the best readme for the tree structure changes?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Oct 14 23:15:05 CEST 2004

    What is the best place to read what has changed in the tree structure
    (e.g. map file locations and such)?

I wrote a terse summary of what changed as part of TDS 1.1:
  http://tug.org/tds/tds.html#History

As far as TL goes, I'm still working on the doc and trying to put all
the changes together, from pdftex/NEWS and all the other change sources.
(I'm not looking forward to it.  If anyone can help summarize what
changed between TL'03 and TL'04, please write me.)

FWIW, Hans kindly sent me the following info about "compatible settings"
which I plan to put in the doc.  (Hans, I don't what the "textools"
utility is -- one of yours, I assume.  Doesn't seem to be in TL,
although there is a textools.rb?)