[tex-live] Re: bug in the latest TeX Live snapshot.

Giuseppe Bilotta bilotta78 at hotpop.com
Mon Oct 11 02:10:53 CEST 2004

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

>     > error can be reproduced, seems to be something with etex:
>
>     > % this line is ok
>     > %\centerline{\beginR Vyr hVyryM\endR}
>
> It doesn't work for me, "Vyr" is invisible in both cases.

[snip]

> If you compare the pdf output of the lines
>
>    \centerline{\beginR 123 457 789\endR}
>
> and
>
>    \centerline{\beginR\hbox{123 457 789}\endR}
>
> you'll see that interword glue is not calculated properly unless the
> text is inside an \hbox.

The relative block in the \eTeX 2.2 source seem to suggest that
the changes were done because \TeXXeT (as implemented in e-TeX)
should be compatible with \TeXeT. Apart from possible bugs (I'm
not in the vein to debug \eTeX at this time of night :)), does
anybody have an actually runnable \TeXeT around to see how it
behaved?

Otherwise, we might just revert that part to the old do_glue()
routine, which seemed to work right and shouldn't influence the
other changes in 2.2 ...

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Can't you see