[tex-live] unixinst.iso

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Oct 3 23:56:11 CEST 2004

As of tonight's build, we should start having a "unixinst" iso image,
instead of an "inst" image, with the windows binaries and packages not
included.  (I may have missed some.)

This is because the new MSI-based Windows installer (which Fabrice is
still working on) requires cab files and cannot use zip files.  And the
Unix side cannot use cab files, all the places we found with cab
libraries for Unix did not support any compression schemes.  (There was
a long thread about this earlier in the year, if anyone cares.)

So we'll make both "unix inst" and "windows inst" CD's (as well as the
DVD with everything).

Not building the "windows inst" CD yet since the cab files aren't present,
etc.