[tex-live] installation unix

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Nov 19 14:54:43 CET 2004

    texlive2003 from the CD install (I had an
    old 1998 version) on an alpha Compaq server with Tru64 Unix

Please try downloading the current test ISO for 2004 from
http://tug.org/ftp/texlive/Images/test-texlive-inst.iso.

You will definitely need to compile from the sources.  If the
compilation fails, send the commands you ran and the error messages that
resulted, etc.

If you do eventually get binaries, we'd like to distribute them from the
TeX Live web site.  (It's too late to put them on the CD for this year.)
Would that be ok with you?  And if you'd like to compile Alpha binaries
in general for future releases, I can keep you informed ...

Thanks,
karl