[tex-live] installation unix

Achille Giacometti achille at unive.it
Fri Nov 19 09:05:22 CET 2004

Dear all,
I am trying to install the new texlive2003 from the CD install (I had an
old 1998 version) on an alpha Compaq server with Tru64 Unix operating
system, which is not belonging to the group of the supported one. None of
the possible options appearing in the manual seem to be working. Not even
the compilation of the sources from scratch. Yet, the old 1998 version I
was able to install it with no problem into a similar (older) machine.
Any possible suggestions/tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks in advance.
Best.
Achille

Achille Giacometti
Dipartimento di Chimica Fisica, Facoltà di Scienze MM.FF.NN.
Università Cà Foscari di Venezia and Istituto Nazionale di
Fisica della Materia (INFM) Unità di Venezia
Calle Larga S. Marta DD2137, I-30123 Venezia, Italy
ph: +39-041-234-8685
fax:+39-041-234-8594
email:achille at unive.it
http://venus.unive.it/achille/