[tex-live] sources

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Nov 17 17:35:39 CET 2004

The technical merits of the different source control systems is beside
the point.  I have not argued for cvs on those grounds, it is probably
the least advanced of any of them (although still actively maintained).

However, cvs has two major advantages:

1) far more people know cvs than any other system, so the pool of
   potential contributors to the project is greatly enlarged.

2) sarovar supports it right now, and so we can have a public project
   using the most commonly available tools, again hopefully enlarging
   the pool of contributors.

karl