[tex-live] final rebuilding if possible

Tigran Aivazian tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 13:05:22 CET 2004

Hi Karl,

I have downloaded the latest sources and will build x86_64 binaries 
tonight, when I come back home.

Kind regards

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Karl Berry wrote:

> No waiting on TR for TL, see below ...
> Builds now, please.  No further changes to the sources are contemplated.
> Thanks,
> k
> Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:56:25 -0800
> From: "Tomas G. Rokicki" <rokicki at CS.Stanford.EDU>
> To: karl at freefriends.org, rokicki at CS.Stanford.EDU
> Subject: Re: [te at dbs.uni-hannover.de: Re: [tex-live] final rebuilding if possible]
> I'm still working on it.  Given the nature of the required change I'd
> be tempted not to wait on it for the build.  It may be a relatively
> simple change, but I'm a bit afraid of upsetting the applecart so I
> want to build a test suite that considers a bunch of different
> combinations that I can test before and after.  I would estimate I
> may have a solution to this problem within a week or two.
> (Details:  dvips is stupid.  It has already decided to download that
> font for inclusion in the document, possibly partially, when suddenly
> it encounters a PostScript graphics file that requires the font, and
> thus it needs to change its mind, download the font in its entirety
> as a header and be done with it.  This *should* be straightforward,
> once I get my head wrapped around the code I wrote once again.)
> -tom
> _______________________________________________
> TeX Live mailing list
> http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/tex-live

More information about the tex-live mailing list