[tex-live] final rebuilding if possible

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Nov 5 20:27:44 CET 2004

No waiting on TR for TL, see below ...

Builds now, please.  No further changes to the sources are contemplated.


Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:56:25 -0800
From: "Tomas G. Rokicki" <rokicki at CS.Stanford.EDU>
To: karl at freefriends.org, rokicki at CS.Stanford.EDU
Subject: Re: [te at dbs.uni-hannover.de: Re: [tex-live] final rebuilding if possible]

I'm still working on it.  Given the nature of the required change I'd
be tempted not to wait on it for the build.  It may be a relatively
simple change, but I'm a bit afraid of upsetting the applecart so I
want to build a test suite that considers a bunch of different
combinations that I can test before and after.  I would estimate I
may have a solution to this problem within a week or two.

(Details:  dvips is stupid.  It has already decided to download that
font for inclusion in the document, possibly partially, when suddenly
it encounters a PostScript graphics file that requires the font, and
thus it needs to change its mind, download the font in its entirety
as a header and be done with it.  This *should* be straightforward,
once I get my head wrapped around the code I wrote once again.)


More information about the tex-live mailing list