[tex-live] install-tl.sh and locales (?)

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Wed Nov 3 23:40:07 CET 2004

I received 2 messages concerning install-tl.sh (TL2003).
The script didn't install the binaries on Debian Sarge and Slackware 10.
The installation succeded only when exporting LC_ALL=C (Slackware user
tried also LANG=POSIX, since the default LANG=us_US also failed).
Both users have bash.
This is very strange because I tried different LANG and LC_ALL on many
RedHat equiped machines and installing TL2003 went always smoothly.

Could someone check if the current install-tl.sh works also on such
modern Linux systems? Anyway, it is interesting why locales can have
any impact on bash script...

Thanks,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz