[tex-live] scripts layout

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Thu May 27 07:30:55 CEST 2004

> I found that p4 depot has (perhaps) incorrect texmf[-dist]/scripts/
> layout:

The current draft of the new tds has:

  The top-level \path|scripts| directory is for platform-independent
  executables, such as Perl, Python, and shell scripts, and Java class
  files.  Subdirectories under \path|scripts| are package names.  This
  We recommend using extensions specifying the language (such as
  \path|.pl|, \path|.py|, \path|.sh|) on these files, to help uniquely
  identify the name.

So, scripts/context is ok. scripts/perl is not...

Thomas