[tex-live] lambda, omega, latex.ini

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Mon May 10 19:04:00 CEST 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Hans Hagen wrote:

> the problem with hyphenation patterns (currently) is that the files are
> tex files and hardly deserve the name generic

So they should go to texmf/tex/ anyway, as other files to be input
(see TDS). tex/generic/..../ is Ok with respect that every format
(omega, lambda) can find needed files here. See the above TEXINPUTS....
As I see, specific omega (16bit) patterns use different names.

> anyway, even today i think that
>
> /texroot/tex/omega/
>
> would be an option. omegahyph is a bad name unless we have texhyph as well

There are quite the same exceptions like tex/generic/ruhyphen,
tex/generic/ukrhyph

> (i suggest that we leave cleaning up / reorganizing hyphenation stuff
> till next year, and just put the omega specific files under the main
> omega path)

But we need working stuff, properly placed in texmf tree...

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl