[tex-live] Restructuring

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sat Mar 13 01:21:09 CET 2004

On Mar 13, 2004, at 01:04, Karl Berry wrote:

>>> What happened to the earlier outcome of the discussion where we
>>> decided to keep the stuff from the Build (make install) separate from
>>> the stuff from Master?
>
> That hasn't changed, has it?
>
> I was under the impression that texmf is the result of make install.
> texmf-dist and texmf-doc aren't.

Is tex4ht (which is in the texmf tree) a result from make install in
Build?

OK, I need to investigate better.

If I understand it correctly, texmf-dist is now largely what was in
texmf and texmf is what is being produced by make install. Correct?

If that is the case, I have to take back my words. My confusion stemmed
from the fact that I still had the tex4ht in texmf (but on inspection I
just noticed that ht-fonts is largely empty and there is also one in
texmf-dist which is filled).

Let me have a better look before I start commenting again.