[tex-live] Restructuring

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Sat Mar 13 01:10:25 CET 2004

> I was under the impression that texmf is the result of make install.
> texmf-dist and texmf-doc aren't.

We need to agree on a rationale behind that. There are many files that
are in between. TeX4ht support files are an example of this, *.ini files
are another.

You may want to update tex4ht support files independently of tex4ht
program files. But again I won't make a case of these particular files:
their location is clearly identified.

Also if the whole problem for Gerben is to build tarballs of packages,
this can be done with a very small amount of work using the
tpm-factory.pl perl script. It already does zip files out of tpm files.

--
Fabrice