[tex-live] Re: [NTG-pdftex] pdftex.cfg

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Wed Mar 10 22:46:18 CET 2004

> Actually, you can even run
> latex --output-format=pdf foo

Well, to get something useful, you have to make sure that the latex format
is created with useful setting for e.g. \pdfhorigin and \pdfvorigin.

If you just
  latex -ini latex.ltx
  latex --output-format=pdf sample2e
you'll get a messed-up sample2e.pdf.

This means, that we either have to make sure to set useful defaults
for *all* formats that we dump with pdfetex or that we reactivate the
config file.

> Maybe the problem is that you just don't expect from inipdfetex to be
> initialized to DVI output format ...

Maybe, pdf*tex should defer this message until the dvi vs. pdf decision
is finally decided (don't know when this is: when typesetting the first
boxes or when shipping out the first page).

Thomas