[tex-live] t1code.tex not found

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Mar 10 10:25:36 CET 2004

It is surely very common for distributions of any kind (TeX,
Linux, whatever) to put files in directories according to
their local standard. Ours is the TDS. Debian may move the
stuff around again. VTeX may move it a third time.
None of this should worry an author. I find it weird that
one would document a fixed structure for run time files,
when no-one ever needs to visit such files (if they need to
find them, they have the kpse* tools).

I'd much rather hand-massage the cs* files into TDS once
an entry and then have an easier package management later...

--
Sebastian Rahtz      Information Manager
Oxford University Computing Services