[tex-live] Port of TeX Live to x86_64 architecture?

Tigran Aivazian tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 18:49:50 CEST 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> check out //depot/Build/source.development. Then go there and do "bash Build"

Then Build complains about not finding texmf tree. Should I sync with the
Master/texmf one? (but then I will presumably need to point to it somehow,
since it is outside source.development directory?)

Do I need anything else for successful Build? (other than a normal C
development environment obviously)

If I waste your time with these questions, maybe there is some README I
should read, for newbies who try to compile TeX Live?

(as a test exercise I decided to build it on normal IA-32 Linux 2.4.26
machine, to make sure everything compiles OK, before I copy the sources to
x86_64 and compile them there).

Kind regards
Tigran