[tex-live] xdvi problems on IRIX

Stefan Ulrich stefanulrich at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 23 16:41:54 CEST 2004

George N White <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca> writes:

>> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>> Major opcode of failed request:  62 (X_CopyArea)
>> Serial number of failed request:  1213
>> Current serial number in output stream:  1343
>>

>> Any ideas?

> You may be mixing Motif versions.

This error resulted from the different color depths of the root
window and the xdvi window, as indicated by Olaf; I'm currently
working on a patch.

> I got xdvi-motif.bin to run (it seems to display files OK, but dumps
> core if I choose "cancel" without selecting a file, so is a bit
> fragile)

Olaf got this one too - do you have `nm' on IRIX? If so, what's
the output of
$ nm xdvi-motif.bin | grep XtAppAddTimeOut
?

This bug may have been fixed in 22.84; tetex-beta/TeXLive is
still at 22.82, we'll need to think about how/when to update
it when the visual bug is fixed.

Best,
Stefan