[tex-live] xdvi problems on IRIX

Stefan Ulrich stefan-ulrich.nntp at zen.co.uk
Tue Jun 22 21:30:06 CEST 2004

Olaf Weber <olaf at infovore.xs4all.nl> writes:

> Staszek Wawrykiewicz writes:
>> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Olaf Weber wrote:

>>> On IRIX, xdvi compiles to use Motif, but fails when being run: it
>>> opens the window and displays the pagelist, but at about the point
>>> where it is drawing the toolbar it puts the following message on the
>>> terminal and exits:

> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>  Major opcode of failed request:  62 (X_CopyArea)

If you run with `-sync', does it abort and does the core show the
call that's causing the problem? What's the output of xdpyinfo?
Does running with `-expertmode 20' cause the error too?
Otherwise, what's the output of xwininfo for the xdvi window?

>> For Linux I make: ./configure --with-x-toolkit=xaw
>> even having Motif installed.

> I've done the same now.

> Is there _any_ platform on which xdvi/motif works?

I had a bug report about this before on Solaris but the user
wasn't able to track it down. It works for me on XFree/Linux.

--
Stefan Ulrich