[tex-live] please improve logging messages

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Sat Jun 19 07:05:27 CEST 2004

I often get completely meaningless logging messages after saying

  p4 changes -l

Example:

  Change 5108 on 2004/06/18 by karl at karltug

          regen

  Change 5107 on 2004/06/17 by karl at karltug

          regen

Is it possible to either make this a complete sentence, or, in case a
script is doing this change, add the affected file name to the entry?

BTW, is there a better way to see Changes in a list together with the
changed files (with or without a diff)?  `p4 changes' is not verbose
enough -- I consider this as a weakness of p4.  I only know of `p4
describe #' which gives the list for just a single entry.  Given the
big number of changes recently, it is a tedious job to check all
changes manually...

    Werner